Running the REST endpoint generator
You can run the REST endpoint generator either from Studio or from a command prompt. Once you start the REST endpoint generator, you cannot stop it until either it completes or you force it to quit (such as by pressing CTRL+C in a command prompt).
Running the REST endpoint generator from Studio
You can run the REST endpoint generator from Studio by creating a "run configuration" for it.
Create a run configuration for the REST endpoint generator
About this task
- In Studio, select . Studio opens a Run/Debug Configuration dialog box.
- In the upper right corner of the dialog box, click the +. In the Add New Configuration popup, click Application.
Provide the following values for each field. Note that some fields in the
dialog box do not have labels:
- Name: RESTEndpointGenerator
- JDK/JRE field: (use the default value)
- VM options:
-server -ea -Xdebug -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dgw.port=8080 -Xmx4g -Dgw.server.mode=dev -Dgwdebug=true -Dgw.webapp.dir=idea/webapp -Dgw.classpath.jar=true -Dgw.plugins.gclasses.dir=idea-gclasses -DgosuInit.supportDiscretePackages=true
- Main class: com.guidewire.tools.rest.RestEndpointGenerator
- Program arguments: (blank)
- Working directory: (use the default value)
- Environment variables: (blank)
- Click OK.
Use the run configuration to run the REST endpoint generator
About this task
- Start the application.
- In Studio, in the upper right-hand corner, there is a drop-down list. (By default, it is set to "Drop DB".) Set the value to "RESTEndpointGenerator".
- Click the green play button to the right of the drop-down list.
The REST endpoint generator loads and then displays the first prompt in the console window at the bottom of the Studio interface. You can enter responses in this window. For a list of the prompts, see The REST endpoint generator prompts.
The REST endpoint generator loads the entire type system. Therefore, there may be several minutes between starting the generator and the appearance of the first prompt.
Running the REST endpoint generator from the command prompt
From the installation directory, open a command prompt and enter the following:
The REST endpoint generator loads and then displays the first prompt. For a list of the prompts, see The REST endpoint generator prompts.
The REST endpoint generator loads the entire type system. Therefore, there may be several minutes between executing the command and the appearance of the first prompt.